The Eileen Alexander Legacy Fund: Funding opportunities to promote physical activity for people of all ages in the Bedford area.
The Bedford Physical Education Old Students’ Association (BPEOSA) are offering grants to promote physical activity.
All applicants must be able to show proven demand/need for extending or establishing a physical activity opportunity. All involved in delivering the work with school age children will be expected to be DBS checked.
Grants are Available to:
Grants are available to:
- Groups or individuals looking to set up an opportunity for participation in a physical activity. These applicants will be asked give evidence of their experience and qualifications the area.
- Currently active groups or individuals looking to expand work in a specific physical activity. These applicants will be asked to give evidence that their current work is well delivered and managed, is safe, sound and in demand.
- Work with participants in the following categories are particularly welcomed:-
- early years children
- those with a disability
- older adult population and other under-represented groups
Grants awarded will normally be between £500 and £10,000
Funding will be given to schemes that show evidence of sustainability beyond the grant period.
How to apply
Expression of interest Forms can be downloaded using the link below and can also be obtained by writing to:
The Eileen Alexander Legacy Fund
The University of Bedfordshire
Please enclose a SAE.
Expression of Interest Forms should be sent to the University and should arrive by June 30th 2016 to be considered by the first meeting of the Awarding Committee.
Following consideration of the Expression of Interest Forms, applicants may be asked to complete a more detailed Application Form.
Expression of interest form:
Opportunities to receive funding for study, research and travel from the Association
Bedford Physical Education celebrated it’s Centenary in 2003. Over the last 100 years plus, the College, now The University of Bedfordshire, has led the field in preparing teachers of physical education and dance and students of sports studies, to the highest possible standards.
The Educational Projects Fund
This fund is managed by the Bedford Physical Education Old Students’ Association and has been made possible by an endowment to the Association. The fund is available to anyone who is undertaking a project which is concerned with the advancement of physical education, dance or sport. The results or findings should be disseminated to enable public benefit.
Applications are welcome from worldwide. However, applications should be made in English!
To support and promote the advancement, quality and standards of physical education, dance or sport. The results or findings should be disseminated for public benefit.
How much can be applied for?
BPEOSA contributes up to £1,000 per applicant. Normally, the funding is to part-fund a project.
The criteria are as follows:
- Relevance of the project to physical education, sport or dance
- Public benefit which might accrue from the project
- Evidence to indicate a productive outcome of the project and use made of any previous support
- Originality of the project
- Qualifications of the applicant to carry out the project
- Plans to disseminate the results and / or findings
- Financial implications for the project
- A written report following the project for publication in BPEOSA annual journal.
Additional information any restrictions – who can’t apply and what the money can’t be used for)
- Grants are not normally awarded retrospectively.
- BPEOSA takes each application on its own merits.
- Payment of course fees are not considered.
How to apply
A letter indicating initial interest should be sent to the address below, outlining the details of the project, approximate dates and costs. An application form and criteria (as above) will be forwarded. Please write to:
Ms Jan Schofield
Bedford Physical Education Old Students’ Association
Assistant Treasurer – Educational Projects Fund
43a The Embankment,
When to apply
Applications are considered three times a year at the Finance Committee Meetings of the BPEOSA. For 2009 - 2010, the closing dates for application are September 1st, February 1st and April 1st.