Objectives & Activities
The objects of the Association are
- The relief of members of the Association who are in conditions of need, hardship and distress.
- The advancement of education in physical education and movement studies, particularly amongst persons involved in studying or teaching physical education and movement studies
- To achieve these objectives, the Association may:-
- arrange and provide for exhibitions, meetings, lectures, seminars and training courses
- procure to be written and print, publish, issue and circulate papers, books, periodicals, pamphlets or other documents
- provide scholarships, grants and bursaries
- promote and carry out or assist in promoting and carrying out research
What you will get when you join
- Significantly you will be able to keep in touch with fellow students, staff and the College/University
- You will be able to do this by attending the annual Old Students' Day in May, receiving the Annual Report and having access to the Association Website.
Old Students' Day
Old Students' day includes practical demonstrations, topical lectures/presentations/talks and the possibility of old students participating in practical activities. In addition association merchandise – books, postcards and clothing, will be on sale. Other activities can be included on request. Please contact Margaret Whitehead. And there is always excellent food and plenty of time to catch up with friends.
The Annual Report is an A4 glossy magazine including news of members, first destinations of leaving students, news from the University, articles of historical interest, articles reporting how Association grants have been spent – to name but a few items.
The website includes inter alia:-
- details of the activities of the Association
- articles of historical interest, announcements and
- areas for interactive discussion among members.